Experienced in working across sectors, organisations and geographies with a wide range of competencies. I work full-time on projects, or as a consultant, join or create teams. Always happy to collaborate, get creative – think upside down, weave and bring together my contacts with the right expertise for partnerships.
- Climate policy, advocacy and campaigns
- Strategy and project management
- Climate change, energy access, air pollution and climate finance research
- External affairs – stakeholder engagement, coalition building and facilitation
- Strategic communications and events
See below some examples of my work.
Some climate projects & Strategy
- Zero Carbon Lake District Pound – in development
- Sustainable Finance Sculpture Project – here
- OurVoices – here, Green Faith – here. HK Interfaith Climate Network – here. Global Catholic Climate Change Movement – here. Global Buddhist Climate Change Collective –here
- HK Climate Change Forum – here
- PlanetEden/EdenVentures – own intiative
- Climate Change Business Forum – here Business Environment Council – here
Some Policy & research
Have attended many UN Conference of the Parties (COPs) since Bali (2007). Done multiple policy briefings and responded to government consultations and have a good understanding of international climate policy, with keen interest in China and the UK’s climate policy. Some research listed below that is not linked was for private clients.
- Buddhist Climate Policy Statement to World Leaders – here. Interfaith Climate Policy Statements to World Leaders – here
- What’s Next for Climate Action?
- Financing Energy Access for the Poorest
- Impact Investments in Decentralised Renewable Energy and Innovative Finance Vehicles
- Levers of Change, Divest- Invest
- Independent Sustainabilty Review. A Net Negative or Net Positive Gain?
- Business Guide to Emission Reduction – here.
- Eco-Parish GHG Reduction Guide – here
- Every Building a Powerhouse – here
- Carbon Markets and What they Mean for Asia and HK
- REDD+, deforestation and Asia
- Shine: Investing in Energy Access for All – here
- Faiths4ParisAgreement – here Faith4ClimateAction here.
- Light4Lima – here
- People’s Climate Pilgrimage – here.
- Low Carbon – What’s Your Story Campaign? Saatchi & Saatchi, Isobar and Climate Change Business Forum – here
SOME PUBLISHED WRITING
- For Peat’s Sake: Hope for a Hot Planet – The Royal Geographical Society, HK – here
- The Great Break Up: Larsen B – The Royal Geographical Society, HK – here
- Cities Must Adapt to Climate Change or Risk Disaster, SCMP – here
- Climate Change Battle Can Unite People of All Faiths, SCMP – here
- Hong Kong Steps Up Commitments to Reduce Emissions, Business Wire China – here
- A Few Holes to Fill in Climate Action Plan, SCMP – here
- Carbon Trading Goes East, Ecozine – here
- From the Scary to the Feasible – Geoengineering, Ecozine – here
- Mission to Set a Spotlight on a Fragile World, SCMP – here
Some events & facilitation
- Tessa Tennant Lifetime Achievement Event – here
- Divest-Invest, COP22 – here
- High-level Climate Statement Handover – here.
- People’s Pilgrimage for Climate Action – video here and The Moral Imperative of Climate Change – here
- People’s Climate March with 350.org – here
- Building Resilience to Climate Change and Urban Adaptation in Asia. 3rd International Climate Conference, ICCC2014 – here
- Integrated Reporting and Sustainability Communications Master Class with Futerra – here
- Climate change ‘Hot Air’ gig – fun!
- Carbon Grills – ‘grill’ the climate experts