As a consultant who works independently, or joins teams and projects, as well as being experienced in setting up and running projects – there are various ways I can help you.
At the core of what I offer is a creative climate lens, underpinned by strong technical knowledge to enable you to maximise your strategy to better understand your risks and opportunities, aligned around the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement.
With plenty of climate COPs under my belt, I can also help on climate policy and give oversight on international climate change negotiations (UNFCCC, Paris Agreement and Article 6, Nationally Determined Contributions etc.) I am also following sustainable finance closely and can keep you updated with research and briefings. For campaigns, I can help on creative thinking, identify the potential of a story and advise on communications, outreach and strategic partnerships. Finally, if you are setting up a new intiative, I have been closely involved in setting up quite a few successful intiatives in the UK and globally, from start to scale.
FEES – Day and project rate is variable and for negotiation. Please get in contact if you want to find out more.
- Climate policy and advocacy
- Project management
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation
- Strategic communications and campaigns
- Sustainability and climate change strategy
- Zero Carbon Lake District Pound – in development
- Sustainable Finance Sculpture Project – here
- OurVoices – here, Green Faith – here. HK Interfaith Climate Network – here. Global Catholic Climate Change Movement – here. Global Buddhist Climate Change Collective –here
- HK Climate Change Forum – here
- PlanetEden/EdenVentures – own intiative
- Climate Change Business Forum – here Business Environment Council – here
Some Policy & research
Have attended many UN Conference of the Parties (COPs) since Bali (2007). Done multiple policy briefings and responded to government consultations and have a good understanding of international climate policy, with keen interest in China and the UK’s climate policy. Over the years, I have also done lots of research and some examples are listed below. Some links are not available as the research was done for private clients.
- Buddhist Climate Policy Statement to World Leaders – here. Interfaith Climate Policy Statements to World Leaders – here
- What’s Next for Climate Action? and Financing Energy Access for the Poorest
- Impact Investments in Decentralised Renewable Energy and Innovative Finance Vehicles and Levers of Change, Divest- Invest
- Independent Sustainabilty Review. A Net Negative or Net Positive Gain?
- Business Guide to Emission Reduction – here
- Eco-Parish GHG Reduction Guide – here
- Every Building a Powerhouse – here
- Carbon Markets and What they Mean for Asia and HK and REDD+, deforestation and Asia
- Shine: Investing in Energy Access for All – here
- Faiths4ParisAgreement – here Faith4ClimateAction here. Light4Lima – here. People’s Climate Pilgrimage – here.
- Low Carbon – What’s Your Story Campaign? Saatchi & Saatchi, Isobar and Climate Change Business Forum – here
SOME PUBLISHED WRITING
- See blog section
- For Peat’s Sake: Hope for a Hot Planet – The Royal Geographical Society, HK – here
- The Great Break Up: Larsen B – The Royal Geographical Society, HK – here
- Cities Must Adapt to Climate Change or Risk Disaster, SCMP – here
- Climate Change Battle Can Unite People of All Faiths, SCMP – here
- Hong Kong Steps Up Commitments to Reduce Emissions, Business Wire China – here
- A Few Holes to Fill in Climate Action Plan, SCMP – here
- Carbon Trading Goes East, Ecozine – here
- From the Scary to the Feasible – Geoengineering, Ecozine – here
- Mission to Set a Spotlight on a Fragile World, SCMP – here
Some events & facilitation
- Tessa Tennant Lifetime Achievement Event – here
- Divest-Invest, COP22 – here
- High-level Climate Policy Statement Handover, COP21 – here.
- People’s Pilgrimage for Climate Action – video here and The Moral Imperative of Climate Change – here
- People Power – HK’s People’s Climate March – here
- Building Resilience to Climate Change and Urban Adaptation in Asia. 3rd International Climate Conference, ICCC2014 – here
- Masterclass – Integrated Reporting and Sustainability Communications with Futerra – here
- Gig and Grills – Climate Change ‘Hot Air’ gig . Carbon Grills – ‘grill’ the climate experts